Bananas are on the list of the best products that are good for our health. Eating just one banana a day will provide your body with a lot of nutrients. Like potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, fibre, phosphorus and iron.
Useful properties of bananas.
- Reduce blood pressure – due to potassium and magnesium.
- Strengthens bones thanks to the source of potassium, reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Improve digestion with fibre.
- Improve brain function – primarily thanks to vitamin B6.
- They’re immune, so it’s vitamin C that comes to the rescue.
- Normalize the work of the nervous system – it comes into group B vitamins.
Bananas are a hypoallergenic product.
Yeah, but they’re full of sugar!
Yeah, about 12 grams of sugar per 100 grams of bananas. But first of all, don’t forget it’s natural sugar. Second, the banana also contains fibre, which slows down the absorption of sugar in the blood. thereby preventing it from spiking abruptly.
Bananas provide our body with easily digestible carbohydrates, which is an excellent fuel for exercise. They also replenish the potassium in your body, which you lose during intensive training.
Can I eat the rind?
Recently, there have been many articles about the useful properties of banana peel. It supposedly reduces cholesterol levels, eliminates insomnia and even prevents depression. According to British scientists, the rind contains a huge amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Which in theory makes it very useful and suitable for consumption. It’s only in theory. They didn’t check it in public.
We found them.
But still, we found bananas that can be eaten with the peel. One of the articles in New York Post magazine tells us that such a variety has been developed in Japan after all. Mongay banana skin is much thinner than classical banana skin, and the fruit itself is much sweeter. It’s worth a lot of fun, $6 apiece. A real robbery by our standards.
Interesting facts about bananas.
- The banana is 74% water.
- There’s a banana beer made in Uganda.
- Bananas are not only yellow but also red and black.
- At least 5 countries use bananas as their main power source.
- There are about a thousand varieties of bananas.